Open To All 2022 High School Students in the Randolph, Tucker, Barbour, Upshur, Nicholas and Pocahontas Counties
The Mountain Arts District will display a photo of your artwork on our Facebook contest from June 1st- June 15th. The “People’s Choice” with the most votes will win a cash award from Mountain Arts District. The “Ajuga Award” will receive $100. There will be two “Judge’s Choice” awards for $50 and $25. Submissions will also be displayed on our website MADWV.com.
This contest is sponsored by Mountain Arts District and Ajuga, Inc. Any business or person who would like to sponsor a cash award for the 2022 High School Student Art Show, please contact the Mountain Arts District at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submission Deadline: May 31st, 2022
- Contest Open Dates: May 1st- May 31st, 2022
- Community Judging Dates: June 1st- June 14th, 2022
- Award Notification Date/Time: Wednesday June 15th, 2022
- People’s Choice Award – Most Votes: $50
- Ajuga Award: $100
- Judge’s Choice: $50, $25
Submit up to three (3) individual pieces via the online form. Provide one (1) high-resolution photo or scan (1200 pixels wide or greater preferred) of each submission. Provide the following with your submission:
- First and last name
- Parent’s names
- Your High School
- Name of artwork (write “Untitled” if not named)
- Medium—for example: Watercolor, oil, acrylic, mixed, collage, pencil/charcoal, pastel, clay, paper mache, etc.
- Year the artwork was created (write “No Date” if unknown)
- Price if the artwork is for sale, otherwise list “NFS” (Not For Sale)
- Your email address (this is for award purposes only and will not be published)
- You phone number (this is for award purposes only and will not be published)
- Your mailing address (this is for award purposes only and will not be published)
- Provide a signed permission and verification forms that you are entering your original artwork
- Open to 2022 high school students from Randolph, Tucker, Barbour, Upshur, Pocahontas and Nicholas of West Virginia.
Students can enter their own work created at any time—any year, created in school or on your own.
- You may enter up to three (3) pieces. Provide one high-resolution photo or scan (1200 pixels wide or greater preferred) for each piece. Take the photo as straight-on as possible to prevent distortion and shoot in diffuse light —like a cloudy day (not full sun)—to limit shadows. Hold the camera as still as possible to limit blur.
- Provide a digital still image of a drawing, painting, sculpture, collage. We are not accepting photography or performance pieces at this time.
- You must enter online. Do not mail your art. If you need assistance with photographing or scanning your artwork, please contact us at email@example.com.
- The subject of the art submission must be original artwork created by the artists. Please do not enter art derived from copyrighted sources.
- The Mountain Arts District may refuse any submission for any reason.
- Once the art is distributed via social media the post cannot be altered. The artist may withdraw their submission at any time prior to distribution of the contest on social media.
- The artist retains the copyright of their submission and may request in writing that their artwork not be used for promotional purposes. Such requests must be provided at the time of artwork submission.
Registration for BOTH Apprentice sessions for the coming year are now OPEN!! Space is limited, so don’t hesitate to follow the link in our bio or visit linktr.ee/oldbrickplayhouse to sign up today! The Old Brick Apprentice program is our award-winning theatre...