The 2022 Mid-Atlantic Teaching Artists Virtual Retreat brings together arts education professionals from across the Mid-Atlantic region to build and strengthen a regional network of highly qualified teaching artists. Intended for teaching artists of all experience levels working in school and community settings, this retreat is designed to
- Support teaching artists holistically, sustaining both the profession (entrepreneur) and the person (discipline expertise)
- Expand the arts education landscape to include more representation of rural, urban, suburban locations, in-school and out-of-school experiences, and diverse communities
- Support teaching artists in developing high quality arts education delivery
- Expand on the learnings of the 2018 and 2020 Mid-Atlantic Teaching Artist Retreat
- Connect teaching artists with colleagues across the Mid-Atlantic region
There is no cost to attend, but preregistration is requested. Visit the website at www.midatlantictaretreat.com for more information and to preregister.
The retreat is sponsored by the DC Commission on the Arts and Humanities, Delaware Division of the Arts, Maryland State Arts Council, New Jersey State Council on the Arts, New York State Council on the Arts, Pennsylvania Council on the Arts, Virginia Commission for the Arts, and West Virginia Department of Arts, Culture and History,